HMI benchmarking study for a premium automotive manufacturer
For a premium car manufacturer, Psyma Research+Consulting developed a study design to test the next generation of modern HMI technologies in cars for functionality and usability by potential buyers.
For this purpose, 3 highly complex systems were subjected to an intensive comparative test. Together with CARGO Projects, selected test subjects were invited to the innovation testing center "the lab" in Haan near Düsseldorf to find out the strengths and weaknesses of the systems both statically and in the course of extended comparative drives with various premium vehicles.
Each test person was accompanied by a trained interviewer both at the location and during the "one on one" test drives. A detailed program of questions was worked through, equipped with iPads and the mQuest® software for surveys and interviews. Thanks to a well-structured and intuitive questionnaire and the possibility of integrating audio recordings into the questionnaire, it was possible to record all impressions – including long open statements - without any gaps, even while the vehicle was in motion. Immediately after each completed interview, the client was also able to gain an instant impression of the results collected up to that point through direct access.
In a nutshell
- Deployed product: mQuest®
- 8 mobile devices (iPads) in use
- Editable questionnaires with complex logics and rotations as well as audio recordings
- Retrieval of diagrams in real time, even during the ongoing survey
- Duration of the interview: 6 hours
- Driving test with detailed comparison of different vehicle models and HMI systems